Haberdashers' Aske's Crayford Temple Grove and our caterers, Chartwells, aim to provide a nutritionally balanced meal that is exciting for our students.
Our commitment to your children
We use a rolling three-week menu, that changes each term to allow us to use ingredients that are in season (menus can be viewed on the right hand side of this page).
There is a variety of choice, covering cuisines from all over the world. Chartwells, in partnership with Crayford Academy will ensure that students are offered a Government compliant, nutritionally balanced and tasty meal every day, yet offering food styles & concepts at the forefront of today’s eating trends.
Key Stage 2 School Meals
Parents need to pay for school meals for children in Key Stage 2 (years 3, 4, 5 or 6). They should be paid for 6 weeks in advance via ParentPay.
Please see the attached documents for further details.
Free School Meals
If you think you are eligible for Free School Meals, you will need make a Free School Meal application directly to Bexley Council.
Please contact the school office if you have any queries regarding these changes.
Packed lunches should include:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables.
- A carbohydrate food such as wholemeal or granary bread, pasta, potato salad.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yogurt or custard.
- Meat, fish or other source of non- dairy protein.
- Drinks should be water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi skimmed milk, yogurt or milk drinks or smoothies.
An example of a healthy packed lunch may look like this: tuna or ham salad sandwich, bread sticks with a hummus dip, cucumber or carrot batons, apple, yogurt and a bottle of flavoured water.
Healthy guidance for packed lunches:
- An alternative to snacks such as crisps could be seeds, vegetables and fruit. Savoury crackers or bread sticks served with fruit or vegetables are also a good choice.
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets should be avoided if possible. Cakes and biscuits should only be eaten as part of a balanced meal.
- Try to avoid processed meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausage / chipolatas where possible
- Fizzy drinks or energy drinks are not allowed in School at all.
Allergies & Special Diets
- Please be aware that some students suffer from severe nut allergies. Please do not put items in your child's packed lunch containing nuts.
- We also recognise that some students may require special diets that do not exactly comply with Health In Education standards. In this case we urge you to be responsible in ensuring that packed lunches are as healthy as possible.
For the reasons above, we ask that students do not swap food items.
Catering Menu2019-2020 - September 2019 - February 2020 New Menu